Thursday, June 16, 2011

SIX

On June 4th, Brandon and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary (which was 12 days ago. I'm late. I know.). Crazy! It doesn't feel like we've been married that long. I guess that's a good thing though.

This year was a different type of  a celebration for us. We definitely celebrated...just not our anniversary. My family and I threw a surprise retirement party for Mom. GREATEST. SURPRISE. PARTY. EVER!!!! Don't worry, we will get plenty of time to celebrate "us". We decided we deserved a little vacay this year, and are going to Mexico! Last year was the first year we didn't take a vacation just the two of us, so we promised ourselves we would make up for it this year.

I did manage to remember to take a couple of pictures amidst the craziness of the night.

 This one was taken at the very end of the party. Not my proudest moment, but I like it of Brandon.

So Mr. Souders,
In an effort to not get all mushy in "public", I'll keep this short and sweet. Really, I just feel very blessed to be married to you. You work crazy long hours, so I can stay home with P. Which is the best gift ever, by the way. I sincerely appreciate my nightly arm scratches. I know you hate giving them, so that just makes it more special. You have a huge heart and have yet to tell me "no". I will try not take advantage of this! MOst importantly, your my best friend, and each year keeps getting better and better. Thanks for 6 years of "CrAzY LoVe".
- the wife

2 comments:

aleelavine said...

awwwwwwwww happy Anniversary [belated] you guys! Such an adorable couple. PS that pic is great... :) Embrace it girl!

Rene' said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Have a blast in Mexico!! :)