Friday, October 30, 2009

8 Months!


Technically, I am 8 months and 2 days as I type. Gotta count everyday, right? Please pardon the somber look in the picture above. Usually, I just crop my head out, but I was too lazy to do it today. So back to the belly...It's huge!! I know this, friends. The thing that really scares me is I have 2 more months of growing to do. Because of this rather large belly, I have noticed some very interesting things.

For starters, I am sad to say that I might have to retire my favorite converse. It's not so much the tying (yes, that's getting difficult as well), but rather the heel part of the shoe folding in when I put my foot inside. This makes it a big pain in the a$$ to fix. Also, I walked in to tell Brandon good night the other night, and he started laughing at me. My first thought was, "Oh Lord, I'm waddeling and don't even know it". WRONG! He just thought the size of my belly was funny. Thanks, hun! Strangers have also started commenting. Sometimes they tell me how tiny I am, and other times they say things like "whoa!" or " You're due any day, right". I'm learning to take it with a grain of salt. I mean, if you can't laugh at yourself...I have a husband who will.

I also have to confess that I have not been doing everything I have been told to do. When I was 8 weeks pregnant, I was told to go register at our hospital. Well, I'm 32 weeks preggo and still haven't gotten around to that. I should have also found Presley's pediatrician by now. Technically, I've found her. She just doesn't know it yet. Her name is Dr. Smart and I have heard so many wonderful things about her. How could anyone go wrong with a doctor who has a last name like that? I'll call her as soon as I'm done with this post...

As far as the little babe goes, she seems to be growing very well. I have close to 4 lbs. of baby wiggling around inside of me. Because she has gotten bigger, there isn't as much room for full on kicks. Now, I see elbows, hands, feet, and knees slither all the way across my belly. I can also feel her ALL the time, which I love. In fact, Miss Priss seems to be moving every which way, but the way she is supposed to. Presley should be head down by now. Instead, she is laying transverse (sideways across my belly). The only way to get a transverse baby out is by C-section, so we will see what she decides to do in the next few weeks. Until then, I'll be standing on my head.

0 comments: