Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prayers Needed!

I have a dear friend who's father has been battling cancer this past year. She emailed me last night with the most recent update, and it wasn't what I was hoping to hear. However, I strongly believe in the power of prayer. Please, please, please keep this sweet family in your prayers. Here is her letter:

Dear Family & Friends,

I send out this urgent request for your fervant prayers! The results of my father's CT scan last week were not good, as the cancer has continued to progress and even more indicated in his pelvic area. Basically, over the past year, his body has not responded to treatments. Due to the debilitating side effects of more chemo, his Dr. has told us to consider the quality of life at this point for what time he may have left to be with us. He is so very weak and has lost 18 pounds in the past 2 weeks. Please pray God will strengthen him for the days ahead. Yesterday and today he has received fluids for dehydration, steroids for an increase in appetite, insulin for high blood sugar count and nausea meds.

Good news!!! My Dad got a call from MD Anderson today @ 1:15 PM. They have set him up with an appointment on Tuesday, Oct. 27th @ 9:30 AM (check-in) and 10:30 AM to see Dr. S. Shureiqui. They said we should expect to be there for 1 week of tests, scans, etc. They will make a determination as to what more they can do him after that week. We have been told there is less than a 10% chance there will be any clinical trials available; BUT I know our God is a BIG God and we cannot give up hope! Getting an appointment is huge and my heart is overjoyed!! Hearing good news for a change is soooooo encouraging!!!

Hopefully, the next 3 weeks of "waiting" will enable my father to regain some strength for a long and tiring week in Houston!! So, pray he will get an appetite, plenty of "good" rest and of course, keep the faith!!!

I know our plea for your prayers will not be in vain, so thank you! Prayer is the key to all hope we have left!
PRAISE! PRAISE! PRAISE!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!
*LC*

0 comments: