Monday, October 26, 2009

Baby Shower: Houston Edition

My second baby shower was in Houston this past Saturday ,and these lovely ladies hosted. I feel so blessed to have them in my life. They put in so much love, work, and time all for someone who isn't even technically here yet.
As soon as I walked in, I saw the cake and almost died (in a good way). I'm sorry, but thats probably the cutest cake ever, and it tasted amazing. This is not such a good thing because I brought the leftovers home with me, and can't stop eating it. Oh, and did I mention that the inside of the cake was pink?!? I was also given the top of the cake to take home and freeze for after the baby is born. It's a good thing I put it in the freezer right away or it would be long gone by now.
Casey, My cousin-n-law designed all the flowers at the shower. They were gorgeous, and had me thinking of ways I could get Brandon to agree to renew our vows just so I could use them again. Let's not mention the previous statement to Brandon, please. I wouldn't want to give him a heart attack before the baby comes.
They also had a specialty drink at the shower, and it was also pink! It sounded delicious and will be partaking in a few after the little babe is here. Now I'm going to sound a little bragadocious, but are these not the most gorgeous ladies/bartenders ever?So, the recipe for those who are interested:
champagne
a splash of chambord
garnish with a raspberry
We discovered that jackson really likes raspberries, and he ate a hefty portion of the garnish. Seriously though, who could tell this sweet face "no"?
My friends Megan and Blaire from high school were able to make it. It was so much fun catching up! I also got lots of "mommy" advice from Blaire. She just had her second baby, and brought her to the shower. Here is sweet little Kenadi She is so precious and itty bitty.
Of course, this shower wouldn't have been the same without my besties, Michelle and Tiffany
Presley got so many wonderful things! I'm not quite sure where they will all go? Brandon and I may have to buy a bigger house in the very near future. There was one gift that had extra special meaning. My Mom gave me an Ashton-Drake collectors doll. It was dressed in the outfit that I came home from the hospital in ,and she also photocopied pictures of me wearing it. I think you may have started a tradition, Mom. Oh, and the doll breathes which makes it look eerily similar to a newborn.

My car seat was given to me by the hostesses. This was not only one of the things I needed the most, but also one I wanted the most. I'm not sure why, but there is something about seeing that car seat that makes me really feel like I'm going to be a Mom. I think Jackson was a little unsure if I knew what it was for, so he decided to show me. As soon as I opened it, he climbed in, made himself comfy, and then clapped for himself. Oh, I love that little man!
I also had to have a picture with the two most wonderful Grandmother's in the whole world.Presley is so lucky to have these two in her life!
This was such a wonderful shower! Thank you again to Aunt Cindi, Aunt Mary, Mamaw, and Casey for making it such a special day. Love y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashlie for sharing.Great cute pictures.Wish you all in advance a joyful Christmas ahead.

Cheers!!
Flowers Guntur|Gifts to hyderabad|Chennai florists|Cakes to bangalore|Gujarat Sarees|Send gifts Warangal|Birthday Cakes Vijayawada|Vizag Gift Vouchers|Kakinada Sweets|Rajahmundry Anniversary gifts

Cassie said...

WOW! What a fabulous shower!! Makes it feel SO close, doesn't it?? I guess, in reality, it IS so close...crazy.

Also, I have the exact same Bebe Au Lait nursing cover and I LOVE it. So, so much.

durga said...

Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Chennai Florists