Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Football, Sonograms, and a Birthday...Oh My!

This past weekend was fast, furious, and so much fun! My parents flew in for TX/OU weekend on Thursday, which also happened to be the same weekend as my birthday. We had a little down time on Thursday, so we did what we do best...shop! This time my Dad tagged along (what a trooper) and spoiled me rotten! He even got in on the action and bought himself a little something from Bath and Bodyworks!
On Friday, we ate at my new favorite restaurant, Breadwinners, for lunch. They have the most amazing raspberry chipolte chicken sandwich, and I CRAVE it all the time. Then we headed off to my 3D ultrasound. I have been looking forward to this appointment for so long. I was especially excited that my Dad was able to be there. When we arrived, the couple before us was so disappointed because there baby had its foot in its face the whole time. Well, wouldn't you know, the first shot we got of Miss Priss was thisShe had a foot in each hand, which completely covered her face. I was so disappointed. However, they had me roll on my side, and she moved out of that position like a good little girl. We were able to get some great face shots

We are also pretty sure she was throwing the "HOOK 'EM HORNS" sign, but we didn't get a picture of it.

As soon as the sonogram was finished, all the power went out in the entire building! Looks like Presley really knows how to shut things down! Anderson's furniture (my fav furniture store) was the next stop, where my Dad bought me the cutest boots! Who knew a furniture store sold clothes and shoes?!? Then it was off to Del Frisco's for a Fabluous steak dinner. Well, actually Mom and I managed to squeeze in a little more shopping at a boutique in the hotel where my parents were staying. I'm so glad we stopped in because we found Presley's coming home outfit. It's so sweet and I can't wait to see her in it.
After dinner, it was off to bed because my family likes to get to the Cotton Bowl at the crack of dawn (I'm not kidding) for the TX/OU game. I felt great the next morning, but my Dad and Brandon were a little under the weather due to a few too many drinks the night before. However, nothing cures a hangover better then more beer at 8 a.m.! We also ran into my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins before the game. This is a pretty big coincidence considering how big the State fair is and how many zillions of people were there. Here are some pics from before the game.



Texas won, of Course! And yes, OU still sucks! What did the Cain family do to celebrate our win?? We went to Bob's for another steak dinner...duh! Then, my parents got us a room at the Hilton Anatole for the night. This made it really nice because the next day was my 28th birthday, and were able to have breakfast together before my parents had to fly back to Houston.

This year my birthday was pretty low key (no margaritas for me), but it was still wonderful. Brandon told me it was my day, and we could do whatever I wanted! Well, of course, that would be more shopping!! I found some new clothes, and then we headed to the Louis Vuitton store in Neiman's to get my favorite present of all! Meet my new best friend, Louis V., he goes everywhere I go, holds anything I want, and doesn't complain about it.
Then I made Brandon go to the Decorator's warehouse in Plano to look at all the Christmas decorations. By the way, on the car ride to Plano, I figured out that my dream day is pretty much Brandon's worst nightmare. He didn't complain once though. After the Christmas shop, we were starving so for my birthday dinner I picked...get ready for it...Breadwinner's again! I can't help it; I'm obsessed. However, that day we got a free dessert with each entree, score! Nothing like coconut cream pie and chocolate seduction cake to go with the Baskin Robbins ice cream cake that Brandon had already gotten me. So, we ended our weekend exhausted, fat, and happy. I'm already looking forward to next year. Anyone want to volunteer to babysit Presley?

2 comments:

B said...

Happy belated birthday! And of course, hook em! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend :)

Cassie said...

How fun!

And we are HUGE fans of Breadwinners, too! SO delicious!!