Monday, January 17, 2011

12 Months!


Yikes! This is super late! I was waiting for her 1 year check up, which was last Thursday...or maybe I just wanted to be in denial that my baby is a whole year old?!?

Here is what my Sweet P has been up to:
  •  weighs 18.5 lbs. (20th percentile), and is 29 inches long (50th percentile)
  • on whole milk
  • Calls me" ahhhh-yeee" (ashlie).So not cool.
  • Yells at the cats and calls Rambo "bah-bo"
  • Knows where her nose, eyes, and mouth are and will point to them when asked...if she's in the mood.
  • Tells on herself. Says "no-no" before doing something she shouldn't.
  • Loves to put on her shoes and socks. She goes around the house trying to put on mine and Brandon's too. Then gets really ticked when they don't stay on.
  • She says so many words now, but her newest are: bow (then touches hair), shoe, Ashlie, 'mon ("come on" and waves hand), baby, oh no, oh man, oh boy, peek a boo, ahhh- you( where are you), open.
  • Signs "all done" super cute!
  • Sits in the tub like a big girl.
  • Feeds herself with a spoon and always has to blow on it before putting it in her mouth. This self feeding business generally leads to a bath after every meal. My kitchen floor will never be the same.
  • Loves to eat! And will eat almost anything.
  • Almost rid of the bottle. She doesn't mind but I like hanging on to it because she is still for 2 seconds.
  • Enjoys wearing my jewelry, carrying very heavy objects, sneezing, climbing on anything and everything, not playing with actual toys, brushing her hair and mommy's and walking backwards.
  • Gives super tight around the neck hugs. My favorite is when she gets a running start and throws her tiny arms around my neck..
  • Has enough hair for pig tails.
  • Sleeps from 8 to 9:30ish. Loves it!
My goodness gracious! She is such a big girl, and (as usual) I'm totally in love love love with this age. She is becoming Miss Independent, communicating so much more, and discovering/learning new things all the time. I love my little toddler so much!!!

2 comments:

Rene' said...

So sweet!!! She's such a big girl! I can't believe she is saying so many words. Jack hasn't said anything coherent yet. I can't wait for him to start talking!

Happy 12 months, sweet P!

aleelavine said...

Wow!!!!! I'm with Rene on the words!!! Very impressive! Miss P is a little smarty!! :) B isn't talking either... just babbling still. She is sounding like such a sweet little bundle of little girlness. :) Love to hear about it! And the pic, adorable, as usual. :) Happy 12 months {belated, i know, sorry!!!}