Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Christmas 2010

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through our house
There was a burning in our stomach's, not even pepto could douse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care
But we were too sick to see what was in there.

The family was laid up in each of their beds
and sugar plums were the last things we wanted in our heads.
Nausea and vomiting, we all had the flu
This Christmas sucked, we want a re-do!

Sorry for the cheesy poem. I just couldn't help myself.

This Christmas wasn't quite what we had planned to say the very least. We flew in on the Wednesday before Christmas and headed straight to the hospital to see my Aunt Cindi. She had to have emergency surgery to fix a twisted fallopian tube. Poor thing! She's recovering well though. We spent the next day in the kitchen making all sorts of Christmas goodies. When we finished, Mom and I got ready to do a little last minute Christmas shopping. Right before we walked out the door. My nephew threw up all over my mom...like All over my Mom. Then an hour later, he threw up on my brother in law...then my sister....and well, you get the picture.

I have never seen anything spread so fast in my life. Justin (my brother in law) was the next to get it. Then the next day it was my Dad and brother. On Christmas morning, it got my Mom. I felt like I was in a horror movie, waiting for it to claim it's next victim.

We had to cancel Christmas Eve and Christmas day with all of our family. Luckily, we managed to have a mini Christmas with all the sickies, but it just wasn't the same.

Presley, however, had a total blast and managed to stay healthy (thank goodness).

and yes, I still managed to take a ton of pictures! I had to document every piece of my sweet P's first Christmas.

Santa came for Presley






Our makeshift Christmas day












Christmas Eve re-do







4 comments:

the Sebring's said...

Oh my goodness, I totally know how you feel! We all got the stomach flu in October the weekend we were supposed to go to the Texas game and it was the WORST! So sorry, but the pictures look super cute of miss priss!

The Fants said...

What a bummer everyone was so sick. It looks like y'all still had a fun first Christmas with Presley!! Love her little rocking horse :)

Emily said...

Sick Christmas = awful!! So sorry you guys were miserable over the holiday. Yay for Presley not coming down with it - phew!

I'm glad you got to have a 're-do' Christmas. Oh, and I love P's Christmas PJs!

aleelavine said...

That poem was so cute... although it sounds like the stomach flu was NOT!!!! So glad to hear P stayed healthy through that all. That is always my worst fear... that B will get sick around all of these sick people all over...!!!!!

I ♥ the lollipop pic... and the fam pic. You guys are adorable.