Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sitting Down

Ahhhh! I'm finally getting a sec to breathe. I should really be on the computer working on an assignment, but I think we may have a virus. Therefore' I'm getting an itty bitty break. I will be paying for this break later...

So anyway, I have become addicted to my camera. No really, it's a problem. Unfortunately, my favorite subject never stops moving, so pictures are getting tricky. Luckily, I will have a few opportunities in the next couple weeks to shoot 2 squishy newborns!!! This came at the perfect time because one of my new years resolutions was to learn to shoot in manual(Which I have been working very very hard on). I'm also currently taking a photoshop class, hence the aforementioned assignment that I am now behind on.

On top of that, we are currently converting our dinning room to a playroom/ second living area. Presley has so many toys and I cant stand them cluttering my living room. This makes me a tiny bit sad because while I never used the dinning room, it was always clean. Now it will probably be the messiest room in the house. Why am I telling you all this? Because my blogging will probably be slacking just a bit.

Now on to my very favorite subject, Miss Priss! She has discovered the power of words. Her current favorite is "up" and she uses it ALL THE TIME! One would be surprised how much the word up can get you in a day. For Presley, it gets her in my arms, out of her crib, into baskets and other random objects, on chairs, in her high chair, tossed in the air and the list goes on...

So, that's what we have been "up" to. Now, I'm off to hobby lobby to pick up party supplies for a baby shower that I'm throwing for my sister in law. Have I mentioned how excited I am to meet my new nephew?!?

4 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait to see some of the photos you've been taking! I'd love to learn how to take better photos in manual. How did you get started?

Good luck with all that you're "up" to! :o)

B said...

Ooh exciting! I have manual settings on my camera that I've yet to explore, and I bought it two years ago...oops!

Is your photoshop class online or on a campus or something? I'm curious to take one also!!!

aleelavine said...

Ooooh a photoshop class??? Nice!!!! They don't offer many of those around here so that's a total bummer to me.... plus they are pretty spendy! Where did you find your class? I wish you lived closer and I could pick your brain for all your knowledge!!! :)

Look forward to seeing more pics, as usual!!!!!!

Man.... Miss P needs to teach my B how to use words!!!!!

Rene' said...

I hope you're having fun with the picture taking. I hope to get a book this weekend so I can better understand mine and get more comfortable with it.

I love how Presley is saying "up". So cute!