Friday, January 14, 2011

That's Mommy to You...

My daughter has started something new, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. At first, I thought, "Awww, that's so cute", but it's gotten a little out of hand.

Presley now calls me "Ashlie" or more specifically, "Ahhh-yeee". All day long she walks around yelling it when she wants me. Ummmm, so not okay. I'll take Mother, Momma, Mommy even Mum, but seriously girlfriend, that's not gonna fly around here much longer. The sad part is I involuntarily respond almost every time. Oh my! I wonder what this chickie has in store for me next...

5 comments:

The Fants said...

aww, that's so funny! But sad at the same time :) heheh goodluck with that!

Heather said...

Too funny! Hadlea just started calling me 'mom' yesterday, and I was reminding her it's mommy or momma... I guess I shouldn't complain!! :)

Mary Kathryn said...

Oh I can totally relate! Caroline started calling me Honey, bc thats what Brian calls me... not so cute coming from her!

Emily said...

What a little stinker! I keep telling Drew to call me "mommy" when Asher is around for that very reason.

aleelavine said...

OMG... that is funny... but I understand how you don't want your little munchkin calling you that ... definitely should be MOMMY!!!!! I am still waiting for my little stubborn man to start calling me ANYTHING :)