Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On the Eve of Toddlerhood

 Dear Presley Elizabeth,

I knew this day would be here before I knew it. Everybody warned me, and boy, they were right. I feel like it was just yesterday, we were checking into the hospital. It's funny how I sometimes have trouble recalling what I had for dinner last night, but I can remember every single second of your birthday. It was truly the most perfect, special, amazing day.

We checked into the hospital on this day, a year ago to prepare to be induced the following morning. We didn't think you would be here until evening time the next day, but you had other plans. My water broke at 2:30am and the first thing that I felt was excitiment. I knew that could only mean one thing. You were on your way, and I was going to get to meet you sooner.

Four hours later at 6:33 am, you were here. I can not even begin to describe what it felt like to see you take your first breathe, or what it felt like to touch you for the first time when the doctor laid you on my tummy. There is nothing like that moment.

At the time, I had no idea how a tiny 7lb.12oz. bundle could completely change our lives. You have brought more love, pure joy, excitement, and laughter in your short 1 year than I ever thought possible. Each day with you just gets better and better.

 You are our sweet gift from God and love you more than you could ever know. Happy birthday eve, sweet Girl!





6 comments:

aleelavine said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... how special. :) Bundles of JOY is right!!!! Happy Eve of Miss P's birthday!!!!!

Mommy Tay said...

AWWWW!!! So Sweet! Happy Birthday eve!

The Fants said...

Such a sweet sweet letter to Presley!
Hope she has a SUPER special birthday tomorrow!

(Good luck, Mama. Between the tears, you'll have a blast celebrating your sweet girl. :) )

Rene' said...

I love this post! I know you all are enjoying Presley's birthday today. Have fun celebrating!

Emily said...

What a sweet post - what a joy our babies are! Happy birthday Miss P!

B said...

Aww, it really does fly by! Happy (belated) birthday, Sweet P!