Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Walking in a...

Yes, a few of you guessed correctly...

Presley's 1st birthday is going to be a

Winter ONE-derland 

I hear a few people gasping in shock...especially some close family members. Yes, I'm actually doing a theme. I know, crazy!!! If you don't already know, I am not a themey type of person. Nothing against themes, it's just not my thing. However, I happened to be browsing Etsy and fell in love with a certain someones decorations (she will be revealed after the party). I decided to go with it, and holy cow, did I ever.

Let's be honest here though, I am well aware there are a ton of winter babes doing this theme too. I have a few reasons for picking it anyway. One, it snowed the day Presley was born. Which, for a lot of places, that's not anything special. For Texas, that's rare. Two, I love winter and would like to extend it as long as possible in my house (in the form of decorations).

Here is yet another sneaky peaky...


The invite
I apologize for the giant black-out rectangles. Believe it or not, there's just some stuff I'm not comfortable with hanging out in the interwebz for everyone to see.

 And for the record, The picture below is a snowball (marshmellow covered chocolate cake with creme inside) From my Clue #2 post. I personally think they're disgusting, but oh so fitting for P's theme.

2 comments:

B said...

YAY! Adorable!

I love those invitations!!!

And being a fellow Texan, I know how insanely rare snow is, esp. in December instead of January or February! How special!

Rene' said...

I love it!! I love the Winter ONE-derland theme and totally would have done it if our party had been at home. I can't think of anything clever to do for the second party, but I've got many months to come up with something. :)
I can't wait to see how it all turns out. I bet it'll be a beautiful party!