Friday, October 26, 2012

31

This year, I celebrated my 31st birthday! I'm still in a bit of shock that I'm not just 30, but officially IN my 30's now. However, this birthday, I feel more blessed and grateful than ever. I got to celebrate with my little family of 4, my friends, and squeezed in a special date with the husband.

On my birthday morning, I woke up to flowers and cards from my loves. We didn't get in a lot of time to celebrate because Presley had to be at MDO and I had to get to spin.

Later that afternoon, I was surprised with a flower delivery from my family. The flowers looked so much like a real birthday cake that Presley was kind of disappointed we couldn't actually eat it.

My birthday was on a Thursday, but I wanted Brandon to take Friday off. I was going out with my girls, and thought I might need an extra hand the next morning, Ha! Plus, I wanted a whole day with the family at the fair.
 Before I went out, we had a mini celebration with my little ladies. Presley was sooooo excited about getting to help light and blow out the candles.



And one of my favorite birthday presents was this picture right here. Why??? Because Both girls are looking at the camera and smiling. It was a birthday miracle!

After cake, I headed out to Edo Japan for some hot saki with the girls. We closed the place down, literally. 

My birthday celebration continued into the next day with the fair, and a date night with the hubs. Brandon took me out to dinner on the lake, and then to see Cirque Du Soleil (Kooza). It was an awesome show, and the perfect end to my 31st birthday.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! What a great birthday. In a lot of ways I think 31 deserves more celebration than 30 - you did it right!

Love the pic of you and your smiley girls. :-)

anika♥Lee said...

What a WONDERFUL way to celebrate 31. You can pave the path for me into the thirties, ya old hag. ;) That flower birthday cake is so cute! I'm with Presley, though, I would also be disappointed that we couldn't really eat it. Pretty, though!!! Warm sake, huh? gotta try it. Yay for a date with the hubs, too. Happy 31!!

The Fants said...

Sounds like a fantastic birthday!! And I love the picture of you and your girls. Deserves a frame for sure!! :)