Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tales from the Crib

So here it is...

I know my almost 3 month old should be sleeping in her crib. However, I love her sleeping in our room. NO, she does not sleep in the bed with us. At least I have that going for me. Every day, I wake up determined to transition her to her crib, and then when nighttime comes I change my mind. It doesn't help that her Father keeps coming up with excuses about why we shouldn't put her in her crib, as well. Part of me is being selfish and afraid that my baby who sleeps through the night will start waking up again once in her crib. I also like it because I can hear her every move ,and I know she is safe and sound. This, however, means even though I'm sleeping, I'm not really sleeping soundly. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time. I've gotta be strong and give the baby the boot.

I figured this could be an interesting experience and plan on making this a sort of blog series. Also, this is the only way I am going to hold myself accountable...going public. I would also love any and all advice, tips, stories etc. from anyone who has been through this before.

Hope you enjoy my Tales from the Crib!

5 comments:

B said...

Wow - that's pretty funny. Clearly we're on the same page here!

Thanks for your comment about the daddy issues we're having - it's good to know we're not the only ones!!

Cassie said...

We're {hopefully} making the transition this weekend. It's way too hard for me, though. Austin has to force me to part with the little bassinet beside my bed...like you, I love being able to hear every little move. Thank the Lord for video monitors :) Good luck! I hope it goes well!

The Perkins said...

Oh don't stress. We didn't move Briley out of our room until 4 months. And he did really well. The first few nights he woke up and fussed but when to bed pretty quickly after.

Rene' said...

I don't have much advice. Jack's crib is actually in my room so that makes a big difference. But he was sleeping with me for the first 2 months and I slowly moved him into his crib before going back to work. Because I'm breastfeeding and was getting up to feed him, I started out only putting him in his crib in the beginning of the night. He'd sleep about 4 hours and then I'd bring him into bed with me to eat and he stayed there the rest of the night. Then he moved on to sleeping 6+ hours and now he only sleeps with me at the end of the night, usually from about 4:30-7:30am. Eventually he'll only be in the crib. I think taking small steps have worked well and made the transition easier. But again, his crib is in my room so it isn't quite the same. Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes!

aleelavine said...

Good luck!!! I am so guilty in this area... B sleeps in our room in a bassinet and we haven't even thought of moving him into his own room/own crib. I guess I'm so paranoid about SIDS (along with DH) that we figured we would keep him in our room until a year...?? Is that totally horrible? lol