Wednesday, December 23, 2009

10 Months!


I'm pretty sure I specifically asked Miss Priss not to make me write a post titled 10 months...
Anywhoo, I have officially made it to my due date. There were times when I thought December 23rd would never come. It was so surreal looking at the baby Souders countdown on my blog and seeing 40 weeks. Brandon also woke up this morning and wished me a "Happy Due Date". I love it! Happy due date to me! We decided to celebrate by stopping for donuts and kolaches!! Yum!!!

We also had a doctor's appointment today to just make sure nothing had drastically changed. I had a little more progress from Monday. I'm still only 1 cm dilated, but I'm now 80% effaced. The doc said that I have absolutely no more room in my belly, and is guessing this little babe might weigh in the high 7's!!! I also lost weight from Monday, so that's pretty awesome. However, seeing as Christmas eve is tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that weight I lost will find its way right back. We ended the appointment deciding that I will go into the hospital Monday night and be induced super early Tuesday morning!!!! Assuming she doesn't come on her own, it looks like Miss Priss will have a birthday on December 29th.

Brandon has been feeling pretty down lately about the baby not being here yet. He was hoping to get time with her this week and next before going back to work. Since we have no control over her arrival (until she is evicted on Tuesday), we have been trying to do things to pass the time. We finally tried Twisted Root burger company in Deep Ellum. This place is amazing, and I can't wait to go back and try their amaretto oreo shake when I am no longer with child. We also went to see "The Blind Side". If you haven't seen it, you need to! Then we decided to get a little creative and decorate Christmas t-shirts. They are super tacky, but we had so much fun. Here's a little preview:(Please ignore the horrible mess in my dinning room).
Brandon and I are also looking forward to spending our first Christmas morning in our house (last year, we closed on December 22nd and then drove straight to Houston to spend the holidays with my family). We have been busy buying stocking stuffers, wrapping each others presents, and preparing a Christmas breakfast. We had a little talk with Santa and he has agreed to bring Presley presents this year even though she will probably still be nice and cozy in my belly.

Once again, I just want to thank everyone for all their love and support. I walked out of my doctor's appointment with about 17 texts and voice mail messages waiting to hear the latest on Presley. It made our day! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas. I plan on taking full advantage of the belly this year and eating my way through the holidays.

1 comments:

B said...

First off, you look great!

Second, I'm so happy they've scheduled your induction, though I will keep my fingers crossed that she'll come on her own before then! Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your last Christmas just the two of you :)