Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dear Santa,

I know I'm a little old to be writing you a letter, but I have a very special request this year. I was wondering if I could possibly have my Christmas present a little early? What I want more then anything is to have our sweet baby girl here before Christmas day. I know it's probably not fair for me to get my gift early, while everyone else around the world has to wait. However, I feel this year, out of all others, I have been extra good. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Love,

Ashlie


Ok, so onto other things! Today, I have officially entered into the last week of my 9th month. Crazy to think I've been pregnant for 39 weeks!!!!! I had my doctors appointment this morning and got better news then the week before. My cervix has started to thin and baby girls head is engaged. However, I have barely dilated...like not even a full centimeter. The best news is that she wants to see me back on Monday morning ,and if things look favorable, then I will go into the hospital Monday night....and drum roll, please..........be induced Tuesday morning!!!!!! I'm really trying not to get my hopes up because if nothing has changed then they won't do anything until the 28th, yuck (assuming she doesn't come on her own). I also gained a half of a pound this week, which brings my total weight gain to 23 lbs.!!!! So much for my goal of 20, sigh.

Here is my 39 week belly
and yes, I'm well aware it looks like I have a poinsettia growing out of my behind. Thanks!

Anywhoo, I just wanted to brag on my sweet husband a little. He came home last night with the cutest outfit for Presley. He went shopping all by himself, and said that he wanted to get her a little something on his own. First, he informed me that he knew how picky I was about baby clothes, and was afraid that I wouldn't like it (I'm not a huge fan of baby clothes that look, well, babyish). This made me feel like a terrible person, especially when I saw how proud he was that I really liked the outfit he'd chosen. This little babe is so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy, and one with good fashion sense I might add. Ahhh....I can't wait to see her in it! Hopefully, I will only have to wait 6 more days.

0 comments: