Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tell me lies

Tell me sweet little lies...

Seriously, I'm at the point where I would rather hear a lie then the truth, so go ahead!

For example:

The truth: My doctor told me today that there had been no change.
The lie I would rather hear: Your 4 cm dilated and baby will be here by tomorrow!

The truth: The earliest I will be induced is the 28th
The lie I prefer: No need to wait that long, pick any day you like

The truth: I'm waddeling
The little white lie: Totally NOT waddeling

The truth: A few...ok, Some...ok, most of Brandon's shirts are tight on me
The lie I want him to tell me: Your belly isn't that big. They shrunk in the dryer. All of them...

Ok ok, you get the point. So on to other news. I am 38 weeks today! yay! I went to the doctor (as if you hadn't already guessed from my previous statements) and found out that Presley is for sure head down. Of course, I doubted the doc even after she told me she could FEEL her head. I think she sensed that I wasn't convinced, so she stole the sonogram machine out of the room next door to prove it to me. Also, I didn't gain any weight this time. HALLELUJAH!! The bad news is I am not dilated or effaced. For my sanity, I'm choosing to ignore this bit of information. I'm also choosing to ignore the fact that they won't induce me until the 28th of December. That's 5 whole days after my due date! I would just like to add that I am not above begging, and plan to do so at my next appointment to get a better induction date. Seriously though, the most important thing to me is that she is healthy and happy. If that means cooking her for a little longer, then I'm glad to do it.

I guess it's a good thing Miss Priss isn't quite ready to make her grand appearance as I have yet to pack a bag, install her car seat and finish buying some much needed items off our registry. Christmas decorating sort of took over. I know, I know...my priorities. Anyway, Brandon is taking the next two days off of work to help get everything bought, installed and put together. So that about wraps up all the most recent updates. If you need me, I'll either be power walking or driving back and forth over speed bumps. Whichever gets the baby here faster...

2 comments:

linda beth said...

It seems like forever for your little one to get here but the time starts to fly the minute they're born. My first born is about to have her first born! Where did the time go?
love you,
mom

The Perkins said...

Try bouncing on a stability ball for 1 hr everyday, eating pineapples, and hot sauce on everything. They never worked for me but I tried everything I could in the last 2 weeks. Brian and I can't wait to get the exciting call.