Monday, November 8, 2010

All I want for Christmas....

Well, Presley already has her two front teeth, so now what do I get her???? I don't know why, but I am starting to kind of stress out about what I want her to have for Birthday and Christmas.

Selfishly, I don't want a whole lot of huge toys crowding my house. Mainly because Presley will play with a toy for a week and then she's over it. And there it sits, taking up space. Of course, I have to get her one BIG toy for Christmas morning.

We are also asking our family to spend a little less on toys and contribute to her college fund. Don't worry, this child will not be lacking for toys. We have a lot of family and between birthday and Christmas, P is going to get a lot.

With that being said, Any suggestions?? What is everyone going to get their little one's for Christmas/birthday?

Of course, it wouldn't be fair for me to ask for suggestions with out giving some. Here are some toys that Presley really loves:

I found it at Walmart and it was $49.99. She loves to ride in it and always hangs on to the steering wheel. So cute. She also enjoys pushing it around the house herself.

Another toy she loves and uses all the time is the V-Tech Sit to Stand Activity Walker. My neighbor let us borrow hers and it has been a hit. Here is some video of her using it.


My MIL  got Presley this Fisher Price stride to ride dinosaur. She loves to walk with it also. I believe this one is $39.99.


Also,  Presley and I travel a lot, and I want her to have a nice suitcase that rolls and is carry on size. Her clothes are so tiny that when I put them in a big suitcase they get all jumbled up. I'm a freak for anything Monogrammed,  so I'm thinking about this one from Pottery Barn kids.
 Does anyone know of any other suitcases that are good quality, and can be monogrammed? I want it to last for a really long time.

Ok, well, I feel much better after writing this all down. Can you believe there are only 49 days until Christmas??? Yikes!!!

3 comments:

aleelavine said...

49 days? Eek!!! I have been trying to figure out what to get B for Xmas and his Bday and I have already gotten a few things here and there...good deals, you know that you can't pass up. :-P But I have been debating what would be good and haven't come up with much yet. I've been thinking about the chair from PBK as I am a freak for monogrammed stuff too. :)

Rene' said...

I wouldn't stress too much. Like you said, you have a lot of family who will surely be showering her with gifts. I bought Jack a ball pit for his bday (it was on sale at Target) and I want to get him the chair from PBK. For Christmas, I got him a preschool backpack and lunchbox from PBK for him to use for daycare, some Christmas pajamas, and I'll make sure his stocking is overflowing (I LOVE stockings!). I don't feel like that's a lot, but I don't want to go overboard. That's not what the holidays are about! Also, I told my mom what I wanted him to have so she already starting buying toys and DVD's. I went the more practical route because I know he's going to get a ton of toys at his party and from family.

Oh, and I adore that suitcase!! I think it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Louis vuitton does monogramming :) I kid, sort of.... :) I think the PBK one is perfect, Tye has a backpack from them and it has held up really well. Check out www.ebeanstalk.com they have great toy suggestions that are all categorized by age. Good Luck!

Henny