Monday, November 15, 2010

You Squeak, I Squeak...

We all squeak for Wee Squeaks!

I totally should have added this to my Christmas/birthday post.  Now that it's getting colder and Presley is walking more and more,  I have been on the hunt for shoes. I've found it really hard to find a shoe that stays on Presley's foot, has enough flexibility that she can still use her tippy toes,  has a slip resistant sole, and aren't hard for her to walk in.  That's not too much to ask right? Well, recently I have hit the baby shoe lottery.

When I was at canton with my Mom, I found a couple of pairs of baby crocs and they're great (ha! I sound like Tony the Tiger). The wide sole makes it very easy for her to balance, and they clean up super easy. Then I was shopping with my mother in law and found the cutest shoes by Weesqueak, which is exactly what they do! Presley was having a blast when she figured out they made noise. Here is a little video of her walking in them.

And not only do they meet all my requirements, but they are pretty darn cute!


Then the very next day, I was out shopping with my MIL again (anyone see a theme here. I think I need to lay off the shopping) and we stumbled upon more squeaky shoes.
These are by I Frogee and slip on super easy. They make an adorable pair of camo ones for boys, by the way.

And yes....you CAN take the squeaky part out!

7 comments:

B said...

Oh nice! This post came at the perfect time - D and I were just talking about shoes for Ava yesterday while doing our own bit of shopping :) Which are your favorites? We're going to pick up one pair first to see how she does, plus she's still in a 2 - she has really small feet! - but we're sure she'll move up a size sooner than later!

Cassie said...

Wee Squeaks are our favorite shoe for just walking! We've lost the squeakers from Caleb's shoes, though...so we might have to get new ones for Eli :)

The Perkins said...

My niece has a pair of the weesqueaks and she wears them ALL the time. They are perfect for when you go places because you will always know where she is. Pretty soon I am going to need a couple pairs :)

Emily said...

These are so cute! When Asher grows out of his current pair we'll have to check these out!

Emily said...

I just mentioned this to B and Ava and realized I had to leave it for you too - I saw the perfect outfit for Presley over on Kelly's Korner blog today.

When I saw it I immediately thought you Texas ladies!

http://passionatelyrivalicious.com/catalog.php?item=22

Rene' said...

Adorable!! I need to get some shoes for Jack but he has really chunky feet and I think we need to go to Stride Rite to get fitted.

The Fants said...

Cute video!! Bryson got some camp wee squeek shoes when I was pregnant and he loves them. If he's not wearing them, he's banging them on the ground making them squeek! haha!!