Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Scare on the square

Because this was Presley's first Halloween, I knew she would want to do as many Halloween related activities as possible. Okay, fine....so maybe having a little one is a really great excuse for me (and my Mom) to do all the fun Halloween activities (and not look like complete dorks).

Rockwall holds a little Halloween festival each year called "Scare on the Square". Everyone dresses up in costume and goes trick or treating at the shops around our downtown square. They also had free ice cream, a cookie decorating contest, face painting, hay rides, and a costume contest. P was a little too young for most things but we did get to go on the hay ride.
I know..she looked totally thrilled. Seriously, that hayride was way too long and P lost interest after the first 2 minutes. P also got to trick or treat for the first time.
She scored the best thing she has ever been given to date...a little red lollipop.

She liked it...



No, I mean she really really liked it...



She would not let go of it the whole time. Now, while this is probably not the best snack for my sweet P, I figured it was her first Halloween. Plus, how could I refuse her something that brought her this much joy!

( I still have yet to write the actual Halloween post. I'm getting to it though. P and I are sick, so we have been moving a little slower than normal).

5 comments:

Emily said...

Aww, so cute! I love her Halloween outfit! I guess now you know what to get Presley for her birthday - red lollipops, anyone? :o)

Rene' said...

I also love going to these things and now I have a reason to go! Sounds like you guys had a great time. She looks so cute! And that lollipop looks yummy. You only have your first Halloween and trick-or-treating once. You gotta enjoy it! I can only imagine what it must have been like when you finally had to take it from her. :)

Rene' said...

Oh, and I hope you both feel better soon! Being sick is the worst!

B said...

Aww - too cute! I love her little personalized outfit!

I hope you guys are feeling better - having a sick baby is awful, and to be honest, totally kicking my butt!

aleelavine said...

You always have the cutest, I mean, the CUTEST outfits for P. Where do you get??? You make me wanna have a girl. NOW. :)
I hope you guys feel better soon. As I posted, B's home sick and man... I wish I could be there holdin' that little guy all day but it sounds like he's more interested in playing than being held. LOL I want to find stuff like this around our town next year. I would have even gone this year had I known about anything like it close to us. I will have to investigate for next year!!! I totally know how you feel about finally having a kid.. an excuse for showing up at the stuff that's mainly geared towards little ones. Haha.. I love parades but always felt stupid going because it's mainly for kids??? Oh well. :) I admit that B had more sweets than he has ever had on Halloween... but hey, it's Halloween, right? He tried Hershey's chocolate bar, had chocolate cupcake and kringles that my Mom made special for him!!!! That's so funny she liked the lollipop so much. It does look mighty good!!! Thanks for sharing the adorable pics, again!