Thursday, November 4, 2010

Presley's First Halloween!!!

Finally, my Halloween post!

I'm sure you were all waiting anxiously. Ha! I just feel like I need to document everything because God forbid I forget a single detail of Presley's life. Now on with the post...

Halloween morning, Mom and I decided that we were going to get creative in the kitchen. Luckily, P was a good little girl and took a nice long nap, so we could get everything done. We made ghost candy skewers, mini caramel apples, and Pumpkin soup. For some reason, we decided to pick the most difficult pumpkin soup in the entire world. After all our hard work, it ended tasting more like potato soup. You win some, you lose some. We'll find a better recipe next year.


We used a melon baller to make the candy apples, and my Mom did not want the left over apples go to waste. Instead, she made another Halloween centerpiece. She was extremely proud of her handiwork.
Because, Mom and I worked so hard in the kitchen. We rewarded ourselves with a little mani/pedi.

Halloween evening , we had Grammie, Poppa, Aunt Brooke, Uncle Shai, Aunt Kadee, Uncle Keith, Cousin Alexis, and Cousin Alyssa join us. We ate pizza, blew bubbles, and ....drum roll please.................Aunt Brooke gave Presley her first haircut.


I really wanted to wait until her 1st birthday, but homegirl was starting to rock a mullet. The hair on the side of her head is still really thin, but the back was getting lonk and thick. We took just a tiny bit off the back to thicken it up a little. Thank you, Aunt Brooke. We love it, and feel so lucky that you were able to be the one to give her her first haircut!

Finally, it was time to put the costumes on and hit the pavement for a little trick or treating.

Daddy and Presley

Alexis, Alyssa, and P, otherwise known as Mario, Andy (toy story) and butterfly.

Family picture, thus reaffirming my decision to take costume pics on Friday.

With Grammie and Mimi

We also met up with some friends in the neighborhood. We had high hopes the kangaroo and butterfly would fall in love, but they were more interested in climbing up and down the steps. Maybe next year...

And I had to get a shot of Presley at someone's door. I realize she had no idea why she was there, but she was having fun. So much fun, in fact, that she kept trying to go into the neighbors houses and hang out.

Presley's sweet ride
We ended the night pushing Presley around in her car, while she chewed on a skittles wrapper. Doesn't get much better than that?!?


Happy 1st Halloween, little one!

2 comments:

Rene' said...

Sounds like an awesome first Halloween!!! I love P's pumpkin treat bag and your pumpkin shirt too. Also, can you remind me what kind of camera you have? I know you talked about when you first got it, but I can't remember and I'm researching them now! The pics of those treats are awesome!

Mommy Tay said...

What a great 1st Halloween! Love all the pictures. What fun treats. I like the idea of the mini caramel apples. I think we may do that next time instead of the full size ones we made. Oh and I agree with Rene', awesome quality pics! I want your Camera! lol.