Friday, December 9, 2011

Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments

Presley and I have been doing lots of Christmas crafting around here lately. Today we made cinnamon applesauce ornaments. I used to make these with my Pre-K kiddos, and they all loved it. If you haven't ever made these, you are missing out. They are super easy and smell AMAZING!!! I will post the recipe and directions below, but first a disclaimer:


Warning: First, these are NOT for eating. Second, my daughter wanted to craft naked with unkempt hair, so I let her. Don't judge. Third, I have the oldest cookie sheets known to man and they look disgusting. Once again, don't judge.

The ingredients:
  • 1 cup of applesauce
  • 1 cup of cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons glue

Directions:

1. combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

2. Stir together until it looks like this.

3. Pause to make sure your child is enjoying this so far.

4. Roll mixture out onto a cookie sheet/cutting board/countertop etc.(try to keep the thickness about 1/4 of an inch). It's sticky so you will probably want to use cooking spray or flour.

5. Grab some cookie cutters.

6. Press down and then pull dough mixture away from cookie cutter.

7. Check one more time to make sure your child is having fun. I got really into it, and kind of forgot about Presley for a bit. Looks like we're all good here though.

8.Transfer Ornaments to a baking sheet or wax paper. Bake in the oven on the lowest temperature for an hour or let dry on wax paper for 24 hours.

9. Then let your child go to town with any left over dough while waiting for the ornaments to dry.

10. Finish with a ribbon or any hanging device of your choice.

See,  how easy was that?!? And no clothes required to complete the job. I'm actually using ours to tie onto presents, so my friends and family, just act surprised when you get yours.

1 comments:

Emily said...

You and I have the same cookie sheets! And our kids have the same favorite outfit - very handy for doing laundry. ha! :)

Love these ornaments - what a great gift idea!