Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Harper: Ultrasound Update (27weeks)

Today, we got to see our sweet baby girl again. The good news is they didn't find any new markers that might indicate Down Syndrome. This is always such a relief to hear!  She is still a girl and weighs 2 lbs 4 oz. Her heart rate was 145 bpm, and we got some cute little shots of her face.


The bad news is I still have Placenta Previa. It has moved from a complete previa to a partial/marginal, so I guess that's better than nothing. I will have another ultrasound in about 6 weeks or so to see if it has moved up any further. If it hasn't, we will go ahead and schedule a C-section. In the end, we just want a happy healthy baby...no matter which way she makes her grand entrance into the world.

Here are some pictures from today's ultrasound:

Face (front) 
I 'm not really crazy about the front facing ultrasound shots. I think they tend to look a little scary and maybe a little alien-ish (I'm just being honest here), but I thought this was a sweet little pic.

Profile

Once again, I am so thankful to everyone who sent texts, messages, and words of encouragement. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life, and a lot of you I have never even met in person. You have taken the time to share your personal stories, and keep us in your prayers. We can not thank you enough.

5 comments:

Emily said...

SO glad that everything with Miss Harper looks healthy! Love the new pics of her (and totally agree with you about the front shots - I have a few "alien" ones of Asher. Ha!)

Brittani said...

Aww she looks so cute!

PerkinsFamily said...

Glad to hear that your baby is doing well! You didn't have a c section before did you? I'll be thinking about you!

B said...

Such great news! I was just thinking of you the other day and wondered if there were any new developments. I think I mentioned that my aunt had placenta previa. It was complete, and still had the ideal outcome, so try to keep positive. Hopefully the next one will hold more good news!

Rene' said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! I hope you passed the Glucose test and continue to get good news. She looks great. I hope she knows what big shoes she has to fill. :)