Monday, April 2, 2012

1st Cinematic Experience: The Lorax

On Sunday, Brandon and I decided to take Presley to her very first movie. I debated wether we should just do a dollar movie because I just didn't see P lasting the entire time, but I think we both kind of wanted to see the movie also. Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss???

Right before we left the house, Brandon said he fully expected that we wouldn't make it through the movie. Well, little Miss proved us wrong! She loved it! We chose seats towards the front and a mainly empty row, so she could get up and move around. I also took her out into the hallway, and let her run the halls for a few minutes when she started to get antsy. Of course, it helped that The Lorax was a great movie with lots of  bright colors and singing/dancing. 

Presley showing off her very first movie tickets (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics).

When we came home from the movie, I pulled out her stuffed Lorax. It was given to her with the book from our friends from San Diego before she was born. I have been saving it because the book is a nice hardcover, and didn't want her tearing it apart. She was so excited to get her new stuffed animal, and it is now her new favorite thing to sleep with.

2 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! Asher likes movies, but I'm still a little worried about how he'd do in the theater. If only I could find a theater showing one of his favorite movies - at least that would be 1 unknown out of the way! Ha!

Glad P enjoyed herself - what a fun memory to have shared with Daddy as well. :-)

anika♥Lee said...

Exciting!!! :) I've been trying to figure out when to bring B to his first movie... I'm not sure if he's ready yet!!! Yay for P making it all the way through!!! :) Gotta love the stuffed animal too .. how sweet she lseeps with it now.