Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge

As our time as a family of 3 draws to a close, I feel the need to spend as much quality time together as possible. If I'm being completely honest, I have moments where I get really sad that I won't be able to give Presley all of my attention (but I'll save that for another post). So anywhoo, Brandon and I wanted P to have an extra special weekend that was all about her.

The Great Wolf lodge is an awesome hotel that's only 40 minutes away from our house. It has an incredible indoor water park that is heated to 84 degrees year round, pajama story time every night, a kid's spa, an arcade, and it goes on and on...

I didn't get a whole lot of great pics. The hotel was really dark and I didn't want to bring my camera too close to the water, which is where we played almost the entire time.

Every restaurant in the hotel gives you wolf or bear ears. I think Presley left with 5 pairs!

Presley up and at 'em. Daddy not so much...

Several times during the day they would put on a show with animals that would sing and dance. P loved watching them.

Warming up to the wave pool.


Hanging out under the waterfall with daddy.

The hotel had a little booth that was like Build-a-Bear, but with animals that were from the Great Wolf Lodge. The last thing P needed was another stuffed animal, but the experience was fun.


The finished product sans clothes.
 
After we made her wolf, she got to take a picture with the real thing.

 Presley's favorite thing to do was slide down the big slide all by herself. The first day she was too scared, and they don't let the parents go down at the same time. The next day she finally worked up the courage, and it's pretty much what she did the rest of our swim time.

My Mom and Brandon's parents got to come visit while we were there, and that made P's weekend even more special. P had a blast, but I think all the adults were worn out!

5 comments:

Emily said...

That looks so fun! I've seen these resorts before, but was afraid it would all be too big for Asher. Great to know it will be right up his alley! We have to plan a fun family of 3 trip in a few months too - I know just what you mean about being excited for a new baby, but also a little sad that our 1st babies won't be "the baby" anymore.

I go for my NT scan on Thurs - wish us luck! :-)

B said...

That looks like a perfect place for a little family baby moon!! I've actually been wanting to take Ava myself, so maybe this is just the motivation I need to figure it out!

Heather said...

Too cute! My brother won a free stay there so we will be coming sometime this summer! Hopefully we can meet up! I think H will love it!

anika♥Lee said...

That sounds like a super fun little trip! What a great place for little ones!!!! I have not heard of it before!! Probably not anywhere near us in MN. Boo.

You are adorable in your little prego swimsuit. :)

Sounds like Miss P had a great time, just as you guys had planned. Great parents, you guys are!!!

Rene' said...

That's great that you were able to take P on a family trip before the baby comes. Looks like such a fun place! And I love those wolf ears!